A sleazy Sunday morning...got up late..took shower and was standing in front of mirror, humming n trying to blow my hairs dry and THEN...the tragedy struck..mood took a complete U Turn..was devastated at the sight of what I noticed...a grey hair..popping right on the top of my head..as if waving good morning to me...it was the shock of the day...or say..shock of the year...may be shock of the life time...
Attempted bringing it down with the help of comb..but the moment I rubbed the waft of hairs....there it was again...popping out..as if enjoying sight of my failed attempt to bulldoze it...
They say..."It is not white hair that engenders wisdom"...but it was not sufficient and I was not sure who were "They" and why on earth they attempt to say that...and if they have ever, experienced anything similar to what I was going through...
I collected 3 mirrors to take a careful observation of current situation..holding one on the top of my head and other one fixed on window grill to provide some additional light.....
The exercise lasted for 27 minutes and results were good enough to put my zeal in a standstill position for the rest of the day...
It was not a single strand..trying to mock at my youth..but they migrated with a family of at least a dozen more, hiding in in between the black curls, I used to be proud of.. and I am sure they had plans to lay low, until one fine day..one of them revolted and came out to declare..."Hello...there...we have arrived"..
Then started the session of moaning and groaning...come on..I am just a little over 30, unmarried..just out of another failed relationship and was trying to recover..and here it was..another nail in the coffin...my ex must be happy to read that...and would reason this as a God's way of taking revenge..on her part (she was used to it...so don't take it otherwise)
Anyways...the entire day was spent..thinking and re-thinking of what to do with the situation as the moment I went out..somehow..I felt..everyone was able to notice that stigma (white strands)..tucked and hidden neatly under black waft and were able to read out loud..what was going in my mind...
The only option, after diligent analysis and googling..left with colours or some stupid ordeals of putting curd with black pepper for 3-4 weeks for some positive sign, using Amla, coconut oil and lemon..etc...etc...but was not really convincing or rather worth the efforts..so gave up the idea and thought of living with it for a while...
Another day passed and... I did went out and starting taking notice of every possible person, crossing the street, sipping tea and Mishra ji's tea stall, lighting a smoke as Ashok's pan counter or for that matter at any God damn place...
The careful analysis, which, continued for some more time (around 12 days)..placed me into somewhat comfortable situation (actually pleasant, trying to be mean here) and results read as:
1. Everyone (read almost everyone) has at least one white hair..if not more
2. No age group is spared in this section, starting right around 20's and running upwards
3. Age has nothing to do with this beautification..
4. Even if the number increases..it does not look that bad..and the final one,
and the best one too...
5. IT'S GOD WAY OF INDUCING SOME FASHION ELEMENT by putting a streaking effect on one's scalp, for our trendy and fashion savvy generation...
....And I am wondering..what's coming next from HIS kitty for us now....keep watching...
Attempted bringing it down with the help of comb..but the moment I rubbed the waft of hairs....there it was again...popping out..as if enjoying sight of my failed attempt to bulldoze it...
They say..."It is not white hair that engenders wisdom"...but it was not sufficient and I was not sure who were "They" and why on earth they attempt to say that...and if they have ever, experienced anything similar to what I was going through...
I collected 3 mirrors to take a careful observation of current situation..holding one on the top of my head and other one fixed on window grill to provide some additional light.....
The exercise lasted for 27 minutes and results were good enough to put my zeal in a standstill position for the rest of the day...
It was not a single strand..trying to mock at my youth..but they migrated with a family of at least a dozen more, hiding in in between the black curls, I used to be proud of.. and I am sure they had plans to lay low, until one fine day..one of them revolted and came out to declare..."Hello...there...we have arrived"..
Then started the session of moaning and groaning...come on..I am just a little over 30, unmarried..just out of another failed relationship and was trying to recover..and here it was..another nail in the coffin...my ex must be happy to read that...and would reason this as a God's way of taking revenge..on her part (she was used to it...so don't take it otherwise)
Anyways...the entire day was spent..thinking and re-thinking of what to do with the situation as the moment I went out..somehow..I felt..everyone was able to notice that stigma (white strands)..tucked and hidden neatly under black waft and were able to read out loud..what was going in my mind...
The only option, after diligent analysis and googling..left with colours or some stupid ordeals of putting curd with black pepper for 3-4 weeks for some positive sign, using Amla, coconut oil and lemon..etc...etc...but was not really convincing or rather worth the efforts..so gave up the idea and thought of living with it for a while...
Another day passed and... I did went out and starting taking notice of every possible person, crossing the street, sipping tea and Mishra ji's tea stall, lighting a smoke as Ashok's pan counter or for that matter at any God damn place...
The careful analysis, which, continued for some more time (around 12 days)..placed me into somewhat comfortable situation (actually pleasant, trying to be mean here) and results read as:
1. Everyone (read almost everyone) has at least one white hair..if not more
2. No age group is spared in this section, starting right around 20's and running upwards
3. Age has nothing to do with this beautification..
4. Even if the number increases..it does not look that bad..and the final one,
and the best one too...
5. IT'S GOD WAY OF INDUCING SOME FASHION ELEMENT by putting a streaking effect on one's scalp, for our trendy and fashion savvy generation...
....And I am wondering..what's coming next from HIS kitty for us now....keep watching...
No comments:
Post a Comment